Sunday, March 29, 2015

I H Laking - What went wrong with Mrs. Milliard's Mech


What Went Wrong With Mrs Milliard's Mech?What Went Wrong With Mrs Milliard's Mech? by I.H. Laking
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Inspector Amrose Aramis is a detective who likes to be very precise while solving crimes. His partner, Detective Percy, seems like a bumbling fellow, but is a very able person who knows just when to rise to the occasion.

This book is quite slim. I have it on my kindle, so it is hard for me tell how many pages it contains, precisely. But I got through it very fast. It was like a longish short story, or a short novella. It was actually refreshing to be able for finish a book fast and not get drowned in too many details.

The writing is not too fine, but thankfully, it is simple.

The good inspector is called upon by Mrs. Milliard who has a singular problem. Her Mech (a kind of a robot) has stopped producing the tasty pies it was programmed for. She is losing her business fast and is in deep trouble as she may have to sell her diner at a great loss.

After a series of investigation, Ambrose solves the crime. In a juvenile sort of a way, the book was okay. It was not anything great, but nothing too horrendous either.

View all my reviews

No comments: