Friday, August 16, 2013

Cap Lesesne - Confessions of a Park Avenue Plastic Surgeon

Confessions of a Park Avenue Plastic SurgeonConfessions of a Park Avenue Plastic Surgeon by Cap Lesesne
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I liked the book.  It is a memoire of a plastic surgeon.  There are not too many 'revelations' about celebrity clients.  They are merely hinted at.

There are times when the book reads like a documentary.  He lists the steps a person seeking plastic surgery should go through, the ways in which a client should assess a surgeon.  There is a chapter titled "Failures (and what to ask a surgeon)".

He even had a section in which he mentions skin-care.

"Some of the best skin I've ever seen belongs to women who cleanse with cold water and soap, then apply a mild moisturizer on the dry spots."

He recommends use of sunscreen lotion with SPF greater than 20, and re-application every two hours.

Exfoliate the skin regularly, he says.  He even recommends microdermabrasion - spraying of fine crystals at the skin to loosen dead tissue.

Hmm.. I confess, I found this part of the book quite interesting.

As for the rest, he writes about his education, how he got into plastic surgery.  He has some interesting anecdotes to narrate.



View all my reviews

4 comments:

Haddock said...

Plastic surgeon - a highly paying job.

Ava said...

Yes. I saw his pics. He looks like a young Edward Kennedy.

Keeps himself smooth as well.

Money is, I am sure, plentiful.

harvey said...

Sounds like YAAAWWWWWWWWWWWN1

Ava said...

Actually Harvey, the book was pretty well written, hence not a total loss. I quite liked it.

Read my review of Sans Moi if you are looking for a really good book, the review that precedes this :)